Your Work Your Way is a research project, funded by Barclays and delivered by Child Poverty Action Group, to examine the barriers to work for second earners in couples as two incomes are more effective in preventing poverty.
It includes a one-year programme of personalised support in Bury for potential second earners in couples with children to help them find a route into work, and to explore effective ways to overcome the barriers they face.
Participants will benefit from:
- Individualised support from an experienced personal support coach who understands the needs of parents
- A specialist benefits advisor to help maximise household income
- Some funding for specific costs such as courses, travel or childcare
- Eligibility to apply to Barclays Rebuilding Thriving Local Communities Fund which can provide one off support for individuals or families impacted by Covid-19
Employment support duration: April 2021 – March 2022
Time & Dates
Referrals are welcome but not required.
- Potential second earners in a couple with dependent children – where the partner has a job but the participant doesn’t, or the participant has a job but it’s low paid and a better one is wanted
- Living in Bury
- On Universal Credit or Tax credits (or eligible but not currently claiming)