Coronavirus Health AdviceLast Updated 16/04/20
Welcome to our dedicated Coronavirus section which brings together a range of essential support services, information and advice in one place.
Please note, this is a rapidly changing situation. While this page will be updated regularly, to ensure you are getting the latest information, please visit the PHE Website for an overview of Coronavirus, or the NHS Website for advice.
What is Coronavirus?
COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus, is a new viral illness that can affect your lungs and airways.
Other information and support is availble in Bury to help you through this difficult time. There are a number of helpful digital resources available read. It touches on subjects such as health and fitness, social media, remote working and keeping in touch with loved ones:
Please use the 'Related Advice' and 'Related Links' sections on this page to access information around childcare, families, mental wellbeing and more.
If you are struggling financially during the Coronavirus outbreak please see the Coronavirus (COVID-19): what to do about claiming benefits page
To see what services are avaialble to support you in Bury, please use the 'View All Results' button below.
As more health and government information is distributed, it is important that you utilise this area to access relevent information and services to support you through this difficult time.
NHS Health at Home Campaign
If you need an NHS service, try to do it online first. If you cannot get what you need this way or do not have internet access, try asking a friend or family member to help you, or speak to your GP surgery on the phone.
Drink Aware Survey
Many people don’t always know how much alcohol they drink and whether their drinking has an impact on their health. This self-assessment questionnaire can help you identify if your relationship with alcohol is about right, or if the amount you drink is risky to your health. We use a certified audit tool that is used internationally by medical professionals.
*Information on accessing Coronavirus guidance in different languages can be found in the 'Related Advice' section. You can also use the 'Google Translate' tool on The Bury Directory to access our information in over 100 languages.
Related Help & Guidance
- Coronavirus Info
- Guidance for Households with Possible Coronavirus Infection
- Guidance for schools, childcare providers, colleges and local authorities in England on maintaining educational provision
- Closure of educational settings: information for parents and carers
- Managing Your Mental Health While in Self-Isolation or Quarantine
- Meal Delivery Services Age UK
- Coronavirus Symptoms
- Self-Isolation - Coronavirus
- Taking Precautions - Coronavirus
- Top Tips for Carers During the COVID19 Outbreak
- Coronavirus Guidance - 32 Languages
- Social Distancing - Stay at Home
- Coronavirus Useful Resources
- Government Guidance about Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Resources for those Experiencing Domestic Violence
- Coronavirus Support and Advice for People Affected by Dementia
- Information for carers on support and services with regard to Coronavirus
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): what to do about claiming benefits
- Physical Activity at Home
- Mental Wellbeing and Coronavirus
- Scamming Issues During Coronavirus
- Nutrition & Hydration: Eating and Drinking Well During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Shopping for a Friend, Relative or Neighbour
- Drink Wise Whilst at Home
- Food Banks, Food Support and Business offering a delivery service for the vulnerable
- Bereavement Support during coronavirus