The Bury Directory Disclaimer
A wide variety of organisations, including voluntary groups, clubs, societies and charities have provided information for The Bury Directory and whilst Bury Council takes reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Directory it does not accept any liability or responsibility for:
- The accuracy of the information received from providers and organisations
- The suitability of services for a particular purpose
- The quality of the services included
- The content of any external website linked to this Directory
- We do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory.
- Anyone seeking to use or access these services does so at their own risk and should make all appropriate enquiries about fitness for purpose and suitability to meet their needs.
- Not all groups/activity providers are required to be registered and these groups may not be regulated in any way.
- Checks should be carried out by anyone using these services to make sure that the service has adequate policies and procedures in place.
- Services have a responsibility to be open and welcoming and to share information about themselves and their activities.
- Bury Council will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any inaccuracy or error within the information held on The Bury Directory.
Reviews and Ratings
Please note that Bury Council does not actively monitor the reviews and ratings for this site. Should you encounter content on this site that is inappropriate or inaccurate, please contact us. Bury Council may choose to remove and discard any such content within the website.
Opinions expressed are those of the individual contributors and do not reflect the views of Bury Council. Bury Council is not responsible for, does not control, does not endorse nor does it verify the content posted to this website. Furthermore, Bury Council makes no guarantee regarding the reliability, accuracy, legitimacy or quality of any such content.
Advice and guidance on choosing the right groups, activities or events, and their suitability or otherwise, especially those services provided for children, can be found on the following websites:
Staying safe away from home | NSPCC
A guide to keeping your child safe- whether out with you, out alone, or taking part in local activities
Safe Network - Safe Activities For Everyone
The Safe Network provides safeguarding information related to activities outside the home – from after school art clubs to weekend reading groups
NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit - Keeping children safe in sport
Safeguarding children and young people who take part in sports activities – Help & Advice from the Child Protection in Sport Unit
Choosing quality clubs - Bury Council
Information for parents and carers