At Bury Council Building Regulations are administered by the Building Control Section which is part of the Planning Service. Our highly qualified and experienced team of Building Control Officers examine and comment upon plans for developments and carry out inspections of work in progress. Their extensive knowledge of materials and construction methods is available to you at all stages of the construction process.
Set out below is just a few of the ways in which Building Control can contribute towards a successful project.
Our services include:
- Detailed checking procedures for projects submitted for Building Regulation approval;
- Efficient site inspection service - mobile communications, answer phone facility (after 12.30pm);
- Unrivalled knowledge of local ground conditions;
- Advice on the Building Regulations from qualified Surveyors with years of practical site experience (pre-deposit meetings available in appropriate cases);
- Close liaison with other local authority departments and official agencies, including the Fire Authority;
- Archive records containing invaluable information concerning existing structures;
- Information and advice concerning access and facilities for disabled people.
We also investigate reported dangerous buildings and structures in the interest of public safety.
Bury Metropolitan Borough Council, 3 Knowsley Place
, Duke Street