Children’s MTB course (Age 10 to 16 years)
- Bike check and set up A simple M Check which entails checking components on the bike to make sure it is going to perform to a safe standard while on the course, setting up the seat height and tyre pressures, checking the brakes.
- Using the correct gears A brief chat about using gears correctly in different circumstances depending on terrain.
- Braking control Using correct braking techniques while on the trails.
- Body position The correct techniques required for descending and climbing.
- Weight shift Allowing your body to relax allowing the bike to move freely.
- Slow speed control Learning to control your bike at slow speeds which will help you out of some difficult situations.
- Front wheel lift Lifting the front wheel over small obstacles like rocks or logs while on the trails.
The Barn Countryside Centre
Philips Park MTB Trail
, Park Lane
The Barn Countryside Centre has free parking, toilets and changing room facility, tea and coffee making
The mountain bike track at Philips Park is a blue and red graded flow trail, designed with sections suitable for coached sessions