The library offers
- Talking books
- Free computer, internet and Wi-Fi access
- Access to online resources such as Ancestry, Britannica etc
- Access to eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
- Self service machines for loan, return and renewal of items
- Meeting room/function rooms for hire
- Heritage museum
Regular sessions include
- Author events - please enquire for further details
- Employment and training support agencies - please enquire for more details
- Guitar group - every Saturday between 10-12pm
- Overeaters anonymous - every Sunday 10.30am onwards
- Reading Groups - please enquire for further details
- Story Time sessions for preschool children -Thursday 10.45am to 11.30am, term time only
Council Information Point
The library is a Council Information Point - bringing council services closer to home.
|Tuesday||10.00am to 4.30pm|
|Wednesday||10.00am to 4.30pm|
|Thursday||12.30pm to 7.00pm|
|Friday||10.00am to 4.30pm|
|Sunday||9.30am to 1.00pm|
See the current Adult Learning course guide for full details of all courses offered here.
Access available for wheelchair users.
Free parking is available on Fairfax Road and the Longfield main car park after 9.30am.
Bury Council Library Service is a Bury Dementia Action Alliance member and is committed to improving the lives of people living with dementia and their carers.