:root { font-size: {{ $a11y.fontSize }}; }

Schools & Colleges in Bury

Welcome to the area of The Schools & Colleges in Bury area of The Bury Directory’s Education, Childcare & Nurseries in Bury section

If you want to change your child's primary school, you must directly contact the school you wish your child to attend to check for vacancies. 

The school will arrange admission on your behalf. If the school is full, you will need to appeal for a place or select an alternative school.

If you want to change your child's secondary school, all applications must first be considered by the In Year Fair Access Panel (IYFAP). This can only occur if it is deemed necessary by an appeals panel. You should not withdraw your child from school before this process is complete.

Visit the School Places pages on the Bury Council website for more information.

Term dates for all Bury schools are available here.

Please browse the links on this page for information about all primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, religious schools and colleges in the Bury area. These include girls’ schools and boys’ schools.

There are also details available for music tuition services and tutoring companies that can provide extracurricular education and assistance.

If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, simply contact The Family Information Service using our online form.