Our buddies work with people on a one-to-one basis in libraries and digital hubs and run sessions covering a variety of topics for people needing help.
We are looking for people who can do some of these things:
- Can browse websites and use a search engine
- Can SEND emails and complete online forms
- Can shop online including online banking
- Can use video calling
- Can help with applying for jobs
- Can explain about Internet security and staying safe online
- Can help with tablets and smart phones
- Can use Microsoft Office e.g. MS Word, Excel.
- Are willing to help others e.g. relatives, friends, neighbours, local groups
Requirements of the role:
Enthusiasm and an interest in helping others gain the computer skills they need. The skills and qualities required are:-
- · Friendliness and approachability
- · Patience
- · Good at explaining instructions to people learning something new
- · Confidence to work with people from a wide educational background
- · Ability to encourage and motivate
- · Be passionate about the internet and the benefits it can provide
- Digital Buddies will be expected to attend 6 hours of training with the Adult Education Service.