Bury Live Well Service
Bury Live Well Service
Who we are?
We are a friendly team providing free personalised support. We believe in creating a healthier community where everyone can start well, live well and age well; promoting healthy and active living, and helping people to make positive changes to their lifestyle.
Why we are here?
We are here to support you to keep well and stay independent for longer. Our aim is to help you to take control of your own health and wellbeing; turning your life around for the better by reducing your risk of ill-health e.g. managing long term conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, type 2 diabetes etc.
What we can help you with?
Bury Live Well Service offers a broad range of support services to help keep you in the best possible health, physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. We can support you with:
- Eating well and maintaining a healthy weight (weight loss)
- Quitting smoking and becoming smoke free
- Getting more active, more often
- Keeping mobile, preventing falls and maintaining independence
- Sleeping better
- Reducing how much alcohol you drink
- Preventing or coping better with long term conditions (Group Course: Helping Yourself to Wellbeing)
- Breastfeeding successfully
- Family health and wellbeing
- Finding new activities and opportunities for connecting with others.
With our support, you will gain the confidence to try something new, bounce back and stay strong, and reach your full potential to live a happier, healthier life!
Who we can help?
Bury Live Well Service offers free personalised support to:
- People living, working or studying within the Borough of Bury
- People registered with a GP in the Borough of Bury
- People hospitalised in the Borough of Bury.
- Children under 16 must be referred by their parent/guardian, GP or health specialist.
- Children under 13 are required to attend Live Well sessions with their parent or guardian.
Want to get started with finding a happier, healthier you?
To access our help, you can:
- make a self-referral via our online form at: https://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=14884
- make a supported referral (when you get help from someone else to make your referral, e.g. a friend or family member) at: https://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=14884
- call us on 0161 253 7575 and leave your contact details in a voice message
- ask your GP or health practitioner to make a referral on your behalf.
Our friendly team will then contact you to arrange a telephone or in-person consultation.
- Bury Live Well Team
- Bolton Street, Greater Manchester BL9 0EZ
- 0161 253 7575
Times & Dates
- Clinics available Monday to Saturday, including some evening availability
Time of Day
- Evening, Afternoon, Morning
The above link takes you to the online referral page.
To access our help this form can be completed for a self-referral, a supported referral (when you get help from someone else to make your referral, eg. a friend or family member); or can ask your GP or health practitioner to make a referral on your behalf.
How to contact us by phone
- At any time: Phone 0161 253 7575 to leave us a voicemail so that we can get back in touch with you as soon as we can.
- 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday: Phone 07583 003378 or 07811 428395 to speak to a Live Well Service team member.
Bury & Local Area
Related Services & Pages
Last updated 21st July 2022