What do we do?
As well as providing front line services for children and young people, we provide a free telephone service for residents of all ages in Bury who are experiencing difficulties with their emotional wellbeing
What do we offer?
We provide non-clinical, non-urgent support for individuals who are experiencing low level emotional health and wellbeing difficulties
- Help to access services, or understand how to access services
- Help with low mood, worrying thoughts or a bereavement
- Help with loneliness - help to meet people or to get out and about
- Help to find local social activities e.g. lunch clubs/friendship groups
- Help to find support groups- anxiety, health, mindfulness, physical activity etc
- Access to online tool kits and resources
How do you get in touch?
The service is available Monday to Saturday 8am-8pm by calling or emailing: email@example.com
Time & Dates
Getting Help Line- 0161 464 3679
Self- Referrals Accepted
Early Break provides a confidential helpline for all residents in Bury who are experiencing difficulties with their mental wellbeing. The helpline is open to residents of all ages.
Our experienced call handlers offer support by giving advice, guidance and signposting to appropriate services.
We offer non-clinical, non-urgent support for anyone experiencing difficulties with their mental wellbeing.
The service is available Monday to Saturday 8am – 8pm.
Calls are charged at the standard national rate for landlines and mobile calls vary, dependent on provider. If you would like us to call you, please complete the contact form below and one of our call handlers will be in touch as soon as possible.
If you have any additional needs that we need to know about that might alter the way we get in touch to support you, please let us know on the contact form.