Kate Brooks is looking to start running mother and baby group fitness classes in Bury from January 2019 onwards. She’s currently scoping out potential venues to deliver sessions, and in the meantime is looking to gauge interest from local mums who are up for getting strong, improving their health, fitness and general well-being!
Mum & Baby Bootcamp will incorporate different exercise formats, using body weight, exercise bands and weights to give your full body a workout! There will be a big focus on retraining your core and pelvic floor too.
Kate is a pre and postnatal exercise specialist, so all exercises will be suitable and can be adapted for your experience level and ability. Childcare isn’t an issue, as your little ones are more than welcome to join the fitness fun, just bring something to keep them entertained, and if you need to take 5 for a bottle/breastfeed break or nappy change don’t worry, it’ll be a relaxed atmosphere.
About the Sessions
- Sessions will be delivered as a 6-week course and will differ and increase in intensity (in moderation) week on week, using a variety of training formats and equipment. You will be required to purchase the 6-week block upfront, you’ll be taking part with the same group of women throughout the course; familiar setting, friendly faces, sisterhood support! The course will cost between £40-£50 depending on venue hire and costs to secure (TBC).
- To take part you MUST have been signed off and OK’d to exercise by your GP or midwife, this is usually 6-12 weeks after having your baby. You will be required to complete a PAR-Q and health questionnaire prior to taking part.
- Sessions will be 1 hour, 45 minutes exercise and then time to talk as a group and with Kate post session. A post workout coffee catch-up is encouraged too, this is as much about encouraging socialising and new friendships as it is improving strength and fitness. Kate is looking at venues with café facilities or within close proximity.
- Kate will demonstrate every exercise, talk through technique, giving support throughout. She is good at multitasking too, cuddling crying babies whilst you workout – she will always make sessions work!
- All you will need to bring is an exercise mat for yourself, it is advised to have your own, and so you can keep / clean it and can use it for home workouts. Kate will offer you home workout routines that you can do in your own time. She can advise on best places to buy these if you don’t have one already, you can pick them up pretty cheap. A water bottle to keep well hydrated, you will hear Kate talk about drinking plenty of water, a lot! And a towel to mop your brow (and possibly baby spew!), we will work up a sweat.
Group exercise is great for many reasons, some of which are listed below…
- Meet other local mums, make new friends, share experiences and support one another.
- Regain strength (particularly in your core and pelvic floor), improve fitness and mental wellbeing.
- Give yourself an energy and confidence boost.
- Focus on your health and wellbeing instead of always putting everyone else first… and don’t feel guilty for it!
If you’re interested in taking part in Mum & Baby Bootcamp or would like to know more, drop Kate an email. Kate is looking to gauge interest initially and will look to put on sessions from January 2019 onwards, once we have sufficient numbers.
Call Kate on: 07875584383
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
All women who take part in the sessions MUST have been signed off by their GP or midwife and OK'd to exercise following the birth of their baby, and will be required to complete a PAR-Q (health questionnaire) prior to taking part.